Thanksgiving day is around the corner. It is a national day celebrated in the United States and Canada. This year will be my 2nd year to celebrate it. Back in my country, Thanksgiving Day is like Christmas; a huge celebration with family and friends with food after food to house after house and not to mention our beautiful fireworks everywhere.
Last year, I celebrated Thanksgiving Day with my family here in the United States. As much as my first turkey was stuffed, my year in the United States also has been stuffed with wonderful memories to be grateful for as well. However, I never got the chance to share it with you. This time will be a change. My belief is to be thankful and when you are thankful, say it and share it. With these, your heart will be filled with grace and gladness. So without further adieu, here are my things to be thankful this year.
1. God – because in every situation, he’s always there.
2. My husband – because of a lot of things!
3. My mom and mom-in-law – because no matter how old you get, their words of wisdom can still solve our problems.
4. My son – for giving me so much joy despite of how crabby he can be.
5. Our house – because we’ve been praying for a house that fits every shoe box in the family; mother-in-law suite with its own bathroom and kitchenette, yard for the dogs and a pool. (very thankful)
6. My blog – sharing our life is a pleasure and hopefully will help others.
7. My New Family – because I feel at home here.
8. New flower garden.
9. Green lawn – kudos to Richard!
10. Dishwasher – with a baby, it is very helpful.
11. Game of Thrones – my husband got me hooked.
12. Fall- because the heat in Bakersfield, CA is deadly.
13. Our Wood-Floor – the shiner, the better.
14. Rice – because as a Filipino, rice is life if you know what I mean.
15. Charlie and Charlene – our dogs who’s cuteness are darling.
16. Bed – where napping and sleeping is best.
17. GME – my husband’s company as our bread and butter.
18. Gym – because health is wealth.
19. Winco – Products with cheaper prices are the best deal in town.
20. Our own office/mini library – I’ve been dreaming on this all my life.
21. Baking Oven – because I learned how to bake.
22. Our RV Trailer – because camping is more fun.
23. Google – simply smart.
24. Ice Cream – its a delight.
25. Restaurants – because they gave me ideas to cook.
26. Green Card – because I’m not an Alien anymore and I can visit my country again without having to worry if I can still go back home here in the US.
26. Laundry Machines – specially that they are upstairs.
27. Family Vacations – the more the merrier.
28. Clothes – they’re beautiful.
29. Music – they just add life.
30. Water – because like rice for Filipinos, water is life.
Endless gratefulness is a power of gratitude. It is an innate gift that needs to be cultivated. Instead of complaining about the things you think you should have, try to align yourself to think of the things you already have. Practicing this attitude of gratitude leads to contentment of life.